what I think is a cool idea for the EDP (unfortunately, I will probably never own one)

Here's an idea for the edp rev. software:

If the edp could support loading digital audio loops via midi (probably not
possible, I think) or via another port, someone else could write a program
store audio loops in banks of 9 (not to exceed 198 seconds).  Then you
could
load the edp with a particular bank of samples in the memory you weren't
going
to use to loop. Or you could download loops you particularly liked into the
bank software for later use.  It would make the edp twice as cool (the
hard-core loopers might disagree).

Of course, I'd be happy if I could get my hands on the old one.

MT