Line6 DL4 group buy - Putting it together.

Jprice01@aol.com wrote:

> I just returned my headrush and picked up a DL4. This thing is insane
>for its
> price. BTW, got the DL4 for $185 at 8th street music in center city
>philly

I live in philly and know the buyers at 8th st well for the past 10+
years. I called and spoke to the head guy there today and he looked into
this and told me they are selling the unit for around $200 plus the
adapter. Someone came in this AM and claimed they saw the unit for $185
so they matched that "price". This is *not* the standard selling price
for them and the guys didn't check out this price before evidently so I
don't know that they will match it again (did this price exist in the
first place or did U make it up?)

HOWEVER, I asked about a group buy and they said they will gladly do
something for us. I am going to go in talk to them this afternoon (and
try out a pedal :)). 8th st is a licensed dealer of Line6 and ships
worldwide so this is as good as it gets. They are a big store but not a
chain so in a way you'd be supporting a local biz rather than a G center
or Sam's Ass if that matters to you (it does to me). I've dealt with
them for years and bought thousands of $$ of gear so I have a good
relationship (yeah, it's always good when you spend thousands of $$ -
LOL!).

I don't remember the logistics on the last EDP buy but here it will
probably be I work out a solid price and then you all call in with your
credit cards and ask for the promotional deal from the point man or his
cronies. As or now the price will easily be $220 including adapter and
probably better espcially if we get a number of serious buyers quickly.

Sound Good?

If so email me direct and I'll see what #'s we're talking about and let
them know to see what can be done. I am also going to check into the
adapter question to see if it really is anything unusal or If I U can
use a Radio shack one or something. That saves $20 right there.

See, it does pay to be good to your local store.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.