Re: Line6 DL4 only loops 2.5 seconds???

I wrote:

>Searching my DL4 info, I came across:
>
>"Drew Skyfyre" <skyfyre_dys@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Line6 has the manuals for the modeller pedals up at :
>>
>>http://www.line6.com/support/library.htm
>>
>>If u just want to know about the DL4, get :
>>http://www.line6.com/pdf/DelayModelerDetails.pdf
>>
>>Nicely done manual. But, I don't know if y'all knew this, but when they
>say,
>>"Programmable Delay & 14 Second Loop Sampler", they mean it.
>>
>>Only the sampler does 14 seconds. The delays have a max. of 2.5 seconds.
>>Dang. With all the thought they've obviously put into this product, you'd
>>think they'd know to stick atleast 8 MB of RAM in there. Or even allow
>the
>>memory to be expanded.
>
>now that some people actually have this unit "in hand", is this
>evaluation from the manual actually accurate?  Is the looping
>and delay just 2.5s??
>
>that would mean a BIG deal to me!

No responses on this (unless I missed them).

The manual's pretty unclear though I'd tend to conclude that
you CAN in fact delay the whole 14s.  There are a couple of
specific simulations that are limited to 2.5s and they are
clearly noted in the manual.

BUT one of you loverly loopers must be listening to a long
loop DL4 as I write this?!?

        /t