Re: Thoughts on the Line6 DL4

>>> Jeff & Vonda McLeod <subversive@mindspring.com> 12/02 4:33 PM >>>
> The DL-4 has no function for muting your live signal like the THRU
switch on the 'Rang. Even with the DL-4's useful mixing controls, it
will always spit out your live signal along with the loops.
For a two-amp setup (like I have), one might want to be able to
defeat that live signal in order to have that second looping amp
coughing out only the loops. For someone using only one amp for
everything (which is exactly who this pedal was made for, I would
assume), there should be no problems.

This bodes poorly for those of us who would like to put it on a mixer
aux send as well... Hmmm?! Typically you want only 100% wet stuff
coming back at you or you start getting into phase and doubling
problems.

> Other functions of the looper mirror those of the 'Rang--with some
differences. You can switch to half-speed mode as you play (which is
nice), but getting into reverse mode while playing requires a
double-click of the half-speed button, which cycles you through the
half-speed mode briefly. This takes some getting used to, and is a
little annoying.

I've been thinking it would be nicer to have the reverse as a single
tap anyway. But I guess you gets what you pays for... Maybe this is
going to be my small rig box for running out the door with my GT-5.

> Also, loops begin immediately--whether you hit RECORD/PLAY a second
time or hit PLAY/STOP to end the looping. There's no way (at least
from what I can tell from my exposure to the unit) to grab something
on the fly and start the loop later.

What about a quick double stomp on PLAY/STOP? Will that shut it off
quickly?

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
-m