Re: DL-4

In a message dated 12/2/99 9:30:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com writes:

<< I think it's a fantastic pedal! I believe that it would really be more
 beneficial to some users if it had some of the aforementioned extras.
 Anyone else have any takes on this? >>

As you pointed out in an earlier part of your e-mail, this thing is
definitely geared toward the guitar-to-stompbox-to-amp setup.  I don't use
things like mixers, etc live so I can't speak for how they might work in
that
scenario.  And true, it does have certain limitations (doesn't everything,
really, regardless of price....?).  I don't worry too much about what it
doesn't do because what it does do it does so well.  I'm definitely still
on
my honeymoon with this thing...

I know that Line 6 has made upgrades available to Flextone owners (the
modeling amp + effects - don't own one but have talked to folks who do
about
this), where for something like $75 they mail you the new chip and you
install it yourself - maybe Line 6 was smart enough to lay out the DL-4
workings so software upgrades somewhere down the line are possible with
that
as well?

Ken R