market forces

In a message dated 12/3/99 10:57:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ylpunk@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 Not that it's particularly on-topic or anything, but I believe in paying
more
 to buy at a local store, for the simple reason that it's very hard to
test
gear
 at musician's friend.

I agree 100 %. I have been dealing with the same store for close to 25
years.
A knowledge of the customer, his/her history likes/dis-likes etc...is
irreplaceable.
in an age where customer service is at the bottom of the ladder.
M-"friend"
to me is "m-enemy"

Nothing better than having a demo in store of a product someone KNOWS you
might like , servrd w/ coffee and the opportunity to "ahh take it home and
mess w/ it a few days"
not to mention an "understood" IE: unspoken "agreement" that after a long
cust/store relashionship there will be the token DISCOUNT.  :-)

"stores" like M-Friend (we have a dealership in knoxville) remind me of
Best
Buy:
Long on discount.....very very very short on KNOWLEDGE.

Carl Snow
Moss Hill REC>