Re: what I think is a cool idea for the EDP

>Here's an idea for the edp rev. software:
>
>If the edp could support loading digital audio loops via midi (probably
>not
>possible, I think) or via another port, someone else could write a
>program to
>store audio loops in banks of 9 (not to exceed 198 seconds).  Then you
>could
>load the edp with a particular bank of samples in the memory you weren't
>going
>to use to loop. Or you could download loops you particularly liked into
>the
>bank software for later use.  It would make the edp twice as cool (the
>hard-core loopers might disagree).

You can do it with the present version with MIDIdump, but it takes
about 20 times the time of the sound (yes, MIDI is slow...).
We certainly want a faster port in the future, maybe even to connect
a HD directly...

I personally dont like to go on stage with prerecorded material.
While in the beginning, I was concerned to stamp my philosophy as
much as possible onto products I developp, now I am happy if the
things I find important are still there, and try to include as many
features others may want.

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org