RE: question about synths

Korg Triton is a great synth.

Touchview Graphics, the expandability of its Option Boards, RPPR to
build up patterns, easy to use Ocillators and Filters, PCM slots for
more sounds, easy to use sequencer, fantastic effects processor, good
sampler (although limited but easy to use)...
I could go on and on but you'll need to check one out thoroughly yourself
at a local music store.

For me, I want an easy to use Synth and Korg is very easy to use
in my opinion.

Building up "Loops" is really easy with Triton series also.
As you know there are the Triton Pro & ProX also which offer more goodies.

If you are used to playing a piano, I agree using a "weighed" keys
keyboard/synth is a good choice.  For this reason, Korg's already have
the solution. The fairly new Trinity V3 is an 88-weighed keyboard synth
with many similar features as the Triton.
I think the price is similar also.

Plus, gotta love that color !!

Check out: http://www.korgusa.com

If you want to just get a controller and add the synth modules, then
I recommend checking out "Roland A90" which has very nice piano actions.

Just a thought.

Curbie