Re: R: Drum machines--other neophyte questions

>From: "Bruce Comens" <bcomens@corelli.nexus.it>
>To: <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
>Subject: R: Drum machines--other neophyte questions
>Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:45:06 -0500
>
> > * Touch Sensitive Pads
>
>Does this mean you can control volume by how hard you tap them?   And does
>that
>mean you can actually "play" the DR 660 (I've been thinking of the 770,
>actually) in real (hah!) time?

You can play it in real time. You can also program it in real time. I
realize that a lot of drum machines do this, but it's a lot of fun to do.
Another cool thing you can do in the DR660 is shut off the the error
correction, so you can make really flawed, sloppy sounding drum patterns.
Although a lot of folks like it, the DR660 is kind of a cheesy sounding
drum
machine. It takes a lot of effort to make it sound like anything you'd
hear
on a CD. I can imagine a lot of bands feeling slightly embarrassed about
the
obvious "drum machine bought for $300 at guitar center" sound. (Except for
bands that go for that sound in particular.)

Mr. Tough
Mr. Tough