Re: tube effect

Hi again,

    I think I am looking fo a small  tube amp with a post preamp fx
level out.

    I'm pushing tape echo through my tube amp with a load box that I
built so I can use my good tube amp without being thrown out by my wife.
I've always run a wet signal through a solid state amp for noise and
volume reasons , now that I can afford to use a good amp  I get a
problem with some of my delay settings . I am getting a weird
intermodulation effect that I haven't heard in years and I don't like
it.  I turn the amp down it goes away . it is not distortion because it
appears to be frequency specific.

    I figure that instead of getting an expensive custom
switching/routing system or a 16 buss board. a simple post pre line out
to the delay would be the smart way to do it.  Does anybody have a
smarter more elegant solution.

   Could the POD solve this problem ?

Thanks for any ideas.

Fiveman

Ancillary Rant::

    I think that a multi send splitter buffer would be a great DIY
project and a useful product. Has anybody seen the prices on the
standard pro gigging switching rigs ?  Insane considering the cost and
ubiquitousness of effects and nearly all of us would use stuff beyound
the top of the line for a normal night at the loop.