Re: Tim Reynolds

I'm a big Nels Cline fan as well...

Nels uses an EH 16 second delay. It sits on top of his amp and he
uses his hands for all his tweaking. It's quite amazing and sometimes
funny to watch cause he's whacking at it and making guitar sounds and
whipping out egg whisks all at the same time! Looks sort of like he's
getting electro-shock therapy... (Which might be what started it all
in the first place...) I have a couple of his trio cd's (Ground, Sad)
and can't wait to grab the rest... truly amazing stuff.

Nels also plays with fellow LD list member Steuart Liebig (6 string
bass) in STINKBUG which includes GE Stinson also on guitar 'n loops,
and Scott Amendola on drums... Stig is also an EH 16 sec delay user
and has an Akai Headrush as well as nearly every freakin' big Lovetone
Pedal out there.

-Miko

>>> Jeff & Vonda McLeod <subversive@mindspring.com> 12/05 10:54 PM

Matt,
        I'm one. Nels Cline is a fine, fine guitarist. The
Interstellar Space
Revisited CD that he just did with Gregg Bendian is insane. What sort
of
looping setup does he have? Having never seen him live, I'm curious.
I love
his work with The Geraldine Fibbers and his trio. Have you heard any
of the
Interzone stuff?
Sincerely,
Jeff McLeod

At 01:05 AM 12/6/1999 EST, you wrote:
 On another note are there any nels cline fans out there. Now that I
think
about it he was the guy that inspired me to get my first looper.

>matt

This is not here--
And now is almost over...
http://members.xoom.com/Gezoleen/