RE: nels cline / hidden treasures

Nels Cline is a fantastic musician.  We used to go see him
just about every Monday nights at a small club called
Alligator Lounge in Santa Monica, California.

He had more stomp boxes than anyone I've seen and he refuses
to replace them with any rackmount effects processors.
He must have had about 20 stompboxes.  (Imagine all the batteries
and power adapters he had to maintain :-)

Personally, he is a very gentle, warm, and humble guy and
I'm glad he is getting known.
I really like his "Frisell + Holdsworth + Punk rock" style
as well as his texture/ambient compositions.

For those who seek more less known but brilliant works,
check out:

        Hard Drive (movie soundtrack, circa 1993)
        Welcome, Said the Angel (also a movie soundtrack, French)

I think they are both available in your local video store.

Curbie