Re: Tim Reynolds

I can confirm that Tim's main toy is a Boss DD-5.  He came into town with
his trio about a month ago.  LOTS of looping.  He also stepped on a
volume/wah pedal, some Marshal fuzz pedal, and a couple of those new Moog
pedals (one of which I think was just for the keyboard which he was also
playing).  In the acoustic/Dave setting I believe he mainly sticks to the
volume/wah and the DD-5.  Someone metioned the looping in Tim's "showcase"
piece on the Dave and Tim release.  I would like to add that that recording
was made in '96, and I think it really only scratches the surface of what
he
can do with that little Boss pedal.  I've got a boot that I made in '97,
and
Tim takes that DD5 to the far reaches.  Even more so than he did last
month.
I have wondered though, was the DD5 even on the market at the time that
"Luther College" was recorded.  Or was the DD3 the only thing available??
That might explain some of growth in his looping :-)))

MicahH