RE: Alain Johannes...

However, I went to see Chris Cornell on Friday at the Wiltern in Los
Angeles, and aside from being impressed with his guitarist Alain
Johannes'

** alain johannes is a great guitar player (and singer). he's been around
l.a. for along time. used to do double bills with "his" band called what is
this (flea left to join fear), which will be the answer to the trivia
question of "which band did the red hot chili peppers come out of?" alain
took me to their second gig . . . now look. first what is this album/ep
(squeezed?) was very cool. after that it was walk the moon and eleven, now
cornell's band. alain used to do a duo with drummer joe berardi here in
town. he did some looping in that. one gig he set up a loop before they
started, came back and someone had pulled the power - - volia no loop! and
very unhappy alain. band was called the dwindle brothers (rhythm plague - -
me, nels, wayne peet on keys, and me and wayne did beatboxes - - used to do
double bills with them).

l.a. music history over now, back to gear talk . . .

stig