Re: 4-track to PC Question..

Joseph Long schrieb:

> O.k. so I have a simple 4 track setup and I'd like to start to slowly
>make
> the transition to using a PC for recording sound, etc. But heres my first
> basic question:
>
> What do I need (software and hardware) to dump mixed songs to my
>computer.
> Is it as simple as a robust sound card?

yes, and some basic audio editor like cooledit or soundforge (pc) will
do.

better yet is an audiocard like the terratec ews88 with external
converters and digital/analog i/o matrix. the advantage to external
converters is that you eliminate the possibility of having
electromagnetic junk from your computer contaminate your audio signal.

later,
rob