Re: Oh Jeez

<<a bit new at the game here. please inform me on what the 'digest'  <<is.
<<got a letter from kim as well. he was pissed. i thought i was being
<<funny. can't imagine little ol' me bringing  your 'digest' to a halt.oops
<<. . . done that before

bandwidth, jimmy .  . . precious, precious bandwidth (I'm probably
furrowing
kim's brow right now with this)

I've gotten digests from the Analogue Heaven newsgroup which consisted of
ONE off-topic post accompanied by a huge ascii file . . .

we in the states take it for granted, but many abroad have to pay by the
byte for downloads . . . when we send a huge file it may clog their older
modems and browsers for an hour, only to yield something which is off-topic
. . . they also have to puzzle thru our English posts only to find that
we're gnoshing about smoking pot and looping (DON'T START) or something
bearing little relation to our common interest

it's also a question of manners--I'm a slacker and usually have the luxury
of wading thru lots of questionable posts, but most do not--nor do they
appreciate reading the entire text of the original message AND the one
before that AND the one before that . . .  SNIP, SNIP

you and Jimmy can both sit in the corner for a awhile and listen to Back
Street Boys loops for awhile . . .

and Christopher, too who started it--new babies are no excuse  %^) (still
want that Marantz, C.?--e-me)

Tom Lambrecht
hideo@concentric.net