"The fascinating Echoplex echochamber"

Hi all,

I recently purchased an old tape-based Echoplex, judging from the info
Iīve gathered so far itīs the EP-3 type with Sound-on-Sound (the unit
Jimmy Page has been using until recently). One thing that puzzled me a
bit was the fact that it wasnīt labelled as a MAESTRO product but
thereīs a metal badge on the box that just says "Echoplex", and inside
the lid (and on the box of the spare cartridge) they refer to a firm
called Market Electronics, located somewhere in Illinois.
Can anybody tell me why this Echoplex is not a Maestro EP-3, but an
entirely different product altogether? Oh, and by the way, itīs a 220V
AC model which has been imported to Germany officially, itīs not an
American 110V DC unit that needs a line voltage converter. Can anybody
on this list help me out with some further info? Thanks in advance,
regards,

Stephen.