Re: R: Indian/middle eastern sounds, microtonality

Yeah, Tim, that's right on, and they're relatively cheap.  Lark in the
Morning sells them for $175.00.  I recently bought one elsewhere(in fact,
have a gig tonight w/ a traditional Persian group where I'll use it),  and
so
far have keep it tuned like I tune my oud  (C-G-A-D-G-C) so I don't have
think about more fingering positions (I also play saz and guitar on the
gig).
They're indeed bloody loud and cut right thru any other clatter. And
they're
fun to record w/ as well ---

David Burk