Re: shorter looping times [oscillations?]

the Reverend Rob wrote:

> At 04:29 PM 12/8/99 -0500, postaldave wrote:
> >what do you mean by "self-oscillate"????      postaldave@qx.net
>
> It's what occurs when the delay unit starts feeding back on itself,
> generating new patterns of sound.
>
> ==
> the Reverend Rob      ICQ: 1280871          Yahoo: theReverendRob
> http://www.realm-of-shade.com .`. .`. .`. .`. http://www.qblh.com
> "I prefer not to kill people, but I'd like to destroy as much
>  property as possible." - Grace Slick, from the Airplane FBI file
> http://www.realm-of-shade.com/music : feedback and echo MP3s

well, the good reverend sort of explained it (and grace gave it her
blessing). i'm sure there's a more technical description for what goes
on, tho. i'm also quite sure there's someone more qualified than i on
this list who could give such a description. anyone?

lance g.

ps has anyone explored this phenomenon on the edp?