DL4 Review and Group Discount Price via Alto Music

First: for those ordering back ordered units from Sam Ash -- why?  We (I) arranged a group discount together with Alto Music.  Didn't you see those posts from last week?  Granted, a heavy posting week.  Alto has them for $200 to members of this list and they're in stock.  Plus, Alto has supported the LD list before with an EDP special discount.  It'd be nice to keep that relationship going.

For more on this discount see:

And now for my review.....

I just received my DL4 (from Alto via the LD Group Buy -- $200) and got the
expression pedal -- I recommend the pedal (or an equivalent one) for the
morphing tricks it does.

The write-up:
http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/line6/DL4_Review.html
by Jeff Seltzer is very thorough and useful, so I won't repeat him.  I will
add a few things:

1) the looper is not stereo.  I was really hoping it would be.  The delays
are true stereo, but I'm guessing they opted to maximize loop time by going
mono.  A sensible compromise for a $200 unit.

2) you can't alter loop time once a loop has started, but you can alter
delay time, regen., mix, of the delay that's *prior* to the looper.  That
is, when in loop mode, you still have a basic "delay" unit with changable
settings.  Imagine a basic old Boss delay pedal infront of the simplest of
echoplexes.  (kind of a clarification to Jeff's posting)

3) you can't set the looper's feedback/regen.  It's always at 100% and will
only drop sound as new sound is added.

#1 and #3 are the only negatives I found with this pedal.  Given the price and the other capabilities, I can easily live with it.  I bought this for it's looping
capabilities, but am falling in love with it for it's delays and morphing tricks.  For me this delay, with the expression pedal, is what I hoped the Vortex would be.  While not as dramatic with all of Vortex's filters and just plain old wacky stuff (that's a technical term), the DL4 spurs my creativity immensely.  Within seconds I was comfortably controlling and morphing the sounds.

Greg out.