Re: PDS-8000 / archives

>Just bought a Digitech PDS-8000 and had a question- I tried searching the
>mailing list archives even for just "Digitech" and got 0 results- strange-
>Kim? Am I vegging out or is all ok with the archives?

There's nothing wrong with the archive itself. If you scroll down the main
archive page you'll see where you can look through every post ever made,
indexed by date, thread, or author. It's all divided up by month to make it
relatively manageable. You can even download a mailbox file of each month
which can be opened in most mail programs and read/searched that way on
your own computer.

It's the search engine part that keeps getting broken, so searches don't
work very well. Eventually it will get fixed, but not today. You might try
some of the major search engines, since the site is mostly indexed by all
of them. with the right keywords you should be able to pull up pages from
the LD archive. It's a little hit and miss that way though, since there are
such a huge number of pages in the list archive and the big search engines
seem a little bit lazy about actually indexing that many things.

For those that don't know, the mailing list archive is here:
http://www.annihilist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/LDarchive

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |