Re: Indian/middle eastern sounds, microtonality

Sorry I'm a bit late responding. My ISP turned to shit for a couple of
weeks.

>> With re. to looping, one piece of gear that fascinates me & I can't see
>> myself owning anytime in the near future is Eventide's GTR4000. The
>> combination of the elaborate delays & harmonizing schemes should make
>for
>> some amazing possiblities.
>
> Yeah, but they harmonize in ji???

I'm not certain about actually harmonizing in JI, however it does do pitch
shifts with resolution in cents (+/- 4 octaves) in cents. Since Eventide
doesn't have manuals online, we'd have to find someone who has one & see if
the harmonizations can be fine-tuned in cents. Or possibly by download the
Mac or Win editor & looking at the parameters. The possiblities from the
pitch shifted multi-tap delays alone are intriguing. JI should be possible
with a 1 cent resolution.

The price for the GTR4000 with the sampling board starts close to $5000, I
think. Is the price justifiable ? Probably.

Far as I can tell it's the only step up from Lexicon's MPX-G2. And in a
totally different class.

http://www.eventide.com

Salut,
- Drew