Re: DL4 question

I just set myself up yesterday, as there were no Line 6 power supplies
available from the stores.  It's the same PS as the POD.  On the back of
the
DL-4 at the power input jack it reads:

9 VAC
1200 mA minimum

>From my local electronics shop I found a 9VAC wall wart rated at 1500mA.
>It
works great BUT if you go get one make sure it has the slightly LARGER
diameter opening on the plug that goes into the pedal. I had to replace
the
one on what I bought with that larger (2.55mm I believe?) size, only after
bringing it home and finding out that it didn't fit. There are only two
sizesof that type, and it's the larger one.  The PS was $8.50 and the
additional plug was 62 cents. You might want to keep in mind that the
POD/DL4
power supply is not so much a wall wart but has the transformer mid-cable
between ends. This is usually helpful but in my live rig it would be an
extra
lumpy thing to put somewhere when setting up. In this case I actually
prefer
wall warts, I have a power strip that they all fit onto nicely.

My Boomerang PS also works fine with the DL4, but only in a pinch as I
like
the Rang as looper and DL4 as 'traditional' delay/tone shaper working
together.

eric p
echo park