Re: DL4 comments

I understand some of the issues loopers have with the wet/dry mix, but I
would think feedback regeneration is a more critical function.  At least it
is for me.  When in Loop/Sample mode, the Tweak (or is it Tweeze?) knobs
function as modulation for the pre-loop echo.  I'd much rather see this
converted to a feedback control for the sample.  Sometimes I like to have
my
loops fade rather quickly so I can constantly change their content.  With
the DL4's current setup, I have to live with the 95% or so regeneration
setting when in Overdub mode.  I'd prefer to use the Tweeze and dial in
0-100% regen. wether in Play or Overdub.

Wet/Dry suggestion:  I'm using the expression pedal to control the Mix.
With this I can create loops that nobody hears until I turn the pedal up --
of course, they do hear the source as I play it.  Even if it doesn't solve
most of your wet/dry issues, it might be a technique you can leverage for
something else.

Interesting studio re-arrangement yesterday:

Pre DL4 setup:
==========
Strat1/Strat2 ->
    Gr-30 -> Mackie 1202
    Gr-30 -> volume pedal -> Boss Gx-700 Loop out -> POD -> Boss Gx-700
Loop
in
    Gr-30 -> Korg workstation -> Mackie
    Mackie Aux 1 -> EDP -> Mackie Aux 1 return -> Amp/PC
Also: cables, expression pedals, midi pedal board, and power cords strewn
about the place

Current Setup:
=========
Strat1/Strat2 -> Volume Pedal -> POD -> DL4 -> Amp.
2 power cords, 4 guitar cords, 1 expression pedal.

All of a sudden I feel I can turn around without tripping over something!
My looping hasn't suffered at all.  Yes, I'm missing a few sounds and some
flexibility, but I'll leave it this way for awhile.  I feel suprisingly
free.  This might harken back to the discussion on technology as a
restricting or expanding force in terms of creativity.

Nice change of pace.