Re: Non Loop- MD optical to computer?

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, so "greetings" and ..

[Cliff:]
> Anyone here have a sound card with optical in?

I just got a Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live Platinum, which comes with 3
parts:

* the usual PCI sound card
* a digital out link to digital spearkers
* a front unit that mounts in a drive bay, and has optical in & out,
S/PDIF in &
out, MIDI in & out, a 1/4" guitar jack in, and headphone out with
independent
volume control

my plan is to use the optical and S/PDIF in to record from loopers and
minidiscs, but I have yet to set this up .. I think I need a more powerful
computer !
The only problem with Creative Labs is that they made their name with PC
hardware, and they have no plans to go Mac.

Rgds,
John