Re: DL4 comments - How does it switch on?????

In a message dated 12/16/99 5:09:48 AM, andre@monmouth.com writes:

>sometimes ya gotta be FLEXIBLE with new gear-- and mold your techniques
>the unit... doing the opposite -- you'll just wake up on day and be
>shocked
>at the percentage of  actual MUSIC vs GEAR hassles.
>
>Let it flow.

Right on - and I am very grateful for the DL4 as it stands.  But I *do*
think
my "retain settings until power down" idea is an improvement worth
pursuing
and is very much in the tweak-a-knob spirit of the classic delays that the
DL4 was created to emulate. Shouldn't require any hardware changes. If it
does, forget about it - you're quite right; it's not worth it. But the
flexibility of software-driven devices is part of what makes these new
pedals
more than just an imitaion of the old stuff. If the DL4 can evolve without
straying from the strong vision of it's creator, I'd like to help!  I
admit,
at times I have been gear-centric to the point of missing the music, but I
have also asked gear makers to consider my approach to making the music,
and
the best have responded with a simple mod or two that actually meets my
intuition on the live stage, freeing my mind from "How do i do this?", and
allowing music to flow.

But yes, Andre, I will heed your words and stop talking about gear for a
little while.
It's such a fine day outside, I'm actually gonna grab my old bamboo flute
and
go for a walk in the hills.

Bye!

eric p