Re: optigan lovers

Oh yeah, I know a band in San Diego named Optiganally Yours that plays
only
Optigans! their web site is...oh wait they moved! This is their new
website!
(They used to be on 3 Mile Pilot's.) Optiganally Yours features Rob Crow,
who's been in a ton of punk-like bands and is at his best when it's just
him
and a 4-track.

Do you guys remember the Mellotron? That's often called 'the first sample
keyboard' since it came from the late 60's. It had a seperate tape loop
for
each key and was made to imitate flute and orchestra sounds for folks who
didn't have flute or orchestras. That's one in the beginning of
'Strawberry
Fields Forever' and they also are present in numerous 70's prog-rock
albums
(like Yes).

Well, supposedly, the optigan is even older, and shines light through
marked
discs to obtain previously sampled sounds. The discs are clear and plastic
with black markings. They sound really innaccurate, but you're right Rob,
they certainly have their cult status.

Optigannally,
Mr. Tough
(Who'd rather have a mellotron)