Re: Korg AM8000 question

All in all a good deal at the lower prices you can find them for now.

Very nice pitch shifting with 700 ms of delay and high freq. rolloff
filtering included, dual ring modulators, decent multi-mode filters with
either lfo or envelope follower control, and good phase shifters with up to
16 stages. The reverb isn't Lexicon quality, but certainly usable.

I had hoped for LFO's like he Prophecy or Z1 has, and unfortunately these
aren't quite there.

There's no master LFO. Most, but not all, of the algorithms have a LFO that
has sine, exponential or logo waveshapes, much like on the Digitech GSP
2101.

Then you can "sample" the LFO at a variable rate, and optionally "smooth"
the change, to get faux sample and hold effects, random clicks, etc. This
feature is similar to the LFO on the Ensoniq ASR-10.

I'd recommend it for a looping guitarist, as you can create some great
ambient processing, as well as the more basic stuff.

Mark