Re: Acoustic guitar looping and feedback problems

i have been processing acoustic guitars with effect and the like for many
years
now. the best pickup to use for doing such sonic endeavours is the sunrise
sound hole pick up by james kaufman,  http://www.sunrisepickups.com/ . it
is a
magnetically wound pick up tailored for the acoustic guitar. i cut a sound
hole
cover in half and let the pick up sit in the middle allowing just a bit of
air
to circulate inside the guitar body. this has allowed me to use
distortions and
many other high frequency effects on the acoustic guitar with limited /
controllable feedback. ted nuggent used to stuff foam and shirts inside his
birdland hollow body. i like a bit of air to move around for feedback
control.
between this pick up and various gate settings you can get away with most
the
luxuries that an electric player has to their sonic advantage. feel free
to e
mail me directly if you have any questions on amplifying the acoustic in a
non
traditional way. i've got lots of info.

peace
jimmy george