DL4 and high level signal...

Well... I've decided to return my Line6 DL4 for the following reason.

I tend to run my GT-5 fairly hot to my Mackie 1202VLZ mixer... Usually
around +3 - +6 db. I inititially tested the DL4 in the GT-5 mono fx loop
which apparently doesn't run at that level. The loop seems to work well
with stomp boxes. So I did that for about a week, listening with delight
to my new delay modeller wonder box... no distortion.

This weekend, I decided to check out the stereo capabilities POST GT-5
into my mixer (and into my Korg AM8000r as well as the EDP) and found that
I had to lower the output level of the GT-5 quite a lot to eliminate
digital distortion in the DL4. This might have been ok to a certain
degree, but the level is in the -4 and below range which makes mixing a
bit of a hassle. I end up boosting things everywhere and generate more
noise throughout my system. So as much as I actually love the box, I'm
making the hard decision to let go of it. Ouch...

Just wanted to see if any of you are trying your DL4's in these sort of
applications and getting similar results?

Best,
-Miko