Re: DL4 and high level signal...

> Is there any sort of clip indicator on the DL4, or are you just
hearing the distortion? rich

No clip indicator... I'm hearing the nasty crackling sound! Back off
the GT-5 output and all is well... except the level is now very low
requiring more crank than is healthy for my signal to noise ratio.

-Miko

Miko wrote...
>>I tend to run my GT-5 fairly hot to my Mackie 1202VLZ mixer...
Usually around +3 - +6 db. I inititially tested the DL4 in the GT-5
mono fx loop which apparently doesn't run at that level. The loop
seems to work well with stomp boxes. So I did that for about a week,
listening with delight to my new delay modeller wonder box... no
distortion.

>>This weekend, I decided to check out the stereo capabilities POST
GT-5 into my mixer (and into my Korg AM8000r as well as the EDP) and
found that I had to lower the output level of the GT-5 quite a lot to
eliminate digital distortion in the DL4. This might have been ok to a
certain degree, but the level is in the -4 and below range which makes
mixing a bit of a hassle. I end up boosting things everywhere and
generate more noise throughout my system. So as much as I actually
love the box, I'm making the hard decision to let go of it. Ouch...