Re: DL4 and high level signal...

I've experienced clipping too, so I keep the input in check.  I haven't
experienced it to the point where I need to compensate at the mixer so much
it introduces unbearable noise.

I use the DL4 in variety of places:
-an aux send on my Mackie 1202
-from the outputs of my POD (yeah, stereo!)
-between my Ovation and amp (or home stereo if I practice upstairs)

I would say it tends to break up at the same levels (or a little lower) as
my EDP.  Of course the EDP does have UNDO or an adjustable feedback to
quickly rid the loop of the infringing overload.  With the DL4 your stuck
with the static until it fades over a few minutes, you manually fade out
via
the mix, or you stop the loop.

-Greg