Re: Anyone tried the Boss VF-1?

Robert-

I haven't had time to dig into my VF-1 too deeply for a real review.  I can
tell you that the maximum delay time is 2.8 seconds.  The box will do a
hell of a lot and the sound is very good indeed.  For my purpose--general
guitar effector as input to loops--it serves quite well.  But as someone on
the list has mentioned, it would be nice to be able to go more over the top
with the stranger effects.  There are a large number of algorithms (36) and
the order of effects within each can be changed, etc., but I prefer a
system which will allow all effects possible for the box to be used at
once.  I believe the Alesis Quadraverb and Digitech 256 are set up this
way, as is the Boss ME-8 which I owned before the VF-1.  I was hoping that
the VF-1 had a similar arrangement.  But so far I'm getting great results
with the box and have no intention of letting it go.  All the usual effects
are there, and guitarists (I mean real guitarists, not me) will probably
love the amp simulations and so forth.  For me, they add too much noise;
I've never even owned a guitar amp.  Oh, and the reverbs are so-so, as you
might expect from Boss.  End of non-review....

David Myers