Re: Acoustic guitar looping and feedback problems

 i have found the sunrise pickup to offer the flexibility's i need for
performance. i run my acoustics through the j-150 amp from the sunrise
with no
pre amp between the amp and guitar. the level is lower this way going in
allowing
what i feel to be a more earthy tone. i use many 'electric' effects and
tweak the
gates from room to room just enough to hold down the fort of feedback.
even in a
true form, no fx's, the sunrise works well to increase volume with limited
feedback problems. the magnetically wound sunrise gives me the less brassy
more
versatile application that i need and can't find in piezo pickups. i used
to run
my sunrise in stereo with a highlander piezo via the pendulum sps pre amp
but
ended up dialling in more and more of the sunrise until i all but used the
highlander. i have chosen to cut in half the feedback cover and place
beside the
sunrise in the middle. i do not fill my guitars insides with anything. i
like the
air to move some. the sound of pickups can be very subjective. find what
works
for you as best from go and then work from there. even if i did not process
sounds like i currently do and took a more pure approach i'd still opt the
sunrise over any piezo pick up on market. as for end pin jacks,
!@@#!#!!!#@! they
don't make em like i need em! i found a jack that takes abuse and needs no
constant tightening show to show, the al parts gold screw in switch craft
with no
washers. from al parts. part number, ep 4602, it screws right in very
tight with
a quarter or screwdriver from the outside and seems to hold a very solid
connection. time will tell if it lasts or for how long. i have also used
the sans
amp acoustic direct box and like it plenty. i use it when i go into most
other
sources of pa ect. to give me a bit more control. with the johnson it is
unnecessary. i have gone back and forth with many different pre amps and
will
solicit more advise if you request. as for combos you will sound like they
sound.
if you find one you really like then you have scored. they can make for a
nice
monitor addition for your ears on stage. i have owned a few traces and
played
stints on almost all other models available, crate, ca blonde, roland,
marshall,
fender sonic, ect. before my johnson amp i had about 400 pounds of separate
components creating my sound. ultimately from the haffler power amps to
the bag
end speakers. this has been replaced with 72 pounds of millennium. i am
very
pleased with the johnson and do not understand why they don't market it
more as
an acoustic / electric amp. the vintage 30 12's inside are more guitar
oriented
speakers than the bag ends allowing more punch per note.

i like anet's optimism below. piezo's are not for me today.

good luck and happy holidays

jimmy george
www.jimmygeorgearts.com