Re: RE: Anyone know the looper in the Lexicon MPX G2?

In a message dated 12/26/99 10:39:34 PM, robnet@wxs.nl writes:

<< Great! Can't wait to read it.

Do you know if it does true stereo looping? >>

I had one for a while and noted these problems:
First, the "Jamman" algo was mono, with no half-speed or reverse functions;
The delay time can be set to 10 sec stereo or 20 mono in regular delay
algos,
which can be user-configured to be loopers by arranging volume modules in
front and/or behind, and by assigning MIDI foot controllers to these, plus
the feedback parameter. Unfortunately there's an acknowledged bug, which
Lex
apparently has no plans to fix(!), that switches any stereo delay set over
about 5.5sec. to a ping-pong delay, no longer a stereo one.
Worse, I found that the loopers I designed this way (but not the built-in
"Jamman") would quickly overload as new layers were added, which I could
never figure out how to solve...which is why I sold it, along with the
fact
that I found the pre-amp uninteresting for direct recording, compared to
PODs, GT-5s, etc. I loved the basic MPX-1 sounds, and really miss the
added
delay times, even if they were sorta crippled as I described, but decided
revert to an MPX- 1.  An used, upgraded  PCM-80 would seem to be the best
currently available stereo looper for the $$, but you'll need to add a lot
of
MIDI foot control to it.
dpc