Re: Foot Controllers

Hi Luis...

I'm wondering if you're addressing me though or possibly David Coffin
about the Roland FC 200. The FC 200 has 6 separate ExPed inputs which
all have assigned cc numbers. This is a MAJOR attraction to using that
pedal for people with a big pile of dsp's who want dedicated pedals
for many parameters. Beyond that though I don't know much about the
programmability of the unit. I'd love to know more as well...

I personally have a Digitech PMC-10 which allows you to program two
midi strings per patch...

In either midi string a or midi string b, on any channel, you can
send the following: pgm chg, ctl chg, note on, note off... what the
hell else... I know there's other things it can send including sysex
which you can record from an external device or input manually. I've
only used it for control change's and program changes. I'm going to
attempt recording the sysex on/off message for my drum machine to see
how that works someday... Right not I use my Boss GT-5 for that.

The footswitches can be setup any number of ways...

momentary mode, where midi string a is sent when the button is
depressed and midi string b is sent when you release for triggering
notes on synth modules...

toggle mode where it sends sting a when pressed and released, then
sends string b when pressed and released again.

And finally... if you pick a different switch and tap it a second
time it will recall the previous switch data even if it's in a
different bank.

It has two expression pedal inputs and the pedals can send up to
three different controllers with scalable values on different (or the
same) channels. They can also be setup as global pedals or local. If
you don't input *different* values and turn off the global expression
pedal mode in a patch it reverts to global mode (meaning you don't
have to program how the pedals will behave...) when you have a
specific need for different information to come from the pedal you can
input whatever you want for that patch only.

It can be used to filter and merge midi input as well. It's as deep
as they come... You could certainly put cc values in there and tap
rythymically to send tempo information to a dsp.

Best regards,
-Miko Biffle

>>> Luis Angulo <L.Angulo@t-online.de> 12/28 2:23 PM >>>
Hello Mike,
What i mean is can you set it up to send Cc*s to do for example Tap
tempo
delays?  Were you pleased with it?