Re: New Line6 Delay/Looper Questions

> > (2) stereo?  really?
>
> Yep...

Nope!  Well, sort of.  Yes, a stereo signal will pass through the DL4, and
there are stereo delays.  When in sampler (i.e. looper) mode however, your
loops will be summed up in mono.  The source stereo signal will pass
through
in stereo, but the loop is recorded and played back in mono.

For example:
You plug your instrument into a stereo chorus unit with stereo outs.  Those
stereo outs feed the DL4.  As you play you'll hear the stereo chorus, but
if
you record a loop the stereo nature will be gone when you play it back.  If
you solo over the now mono loop, you'll hear your solo with the stereo
chorus.  So you could call it "stereo pass through" with "mono sampling".
Does that make sense?

> Only question is
> audio quality of the looper... Anyone?

I hear no audible difference between the DL4 and my EDP.  Mind you I don't
have a super high-fi system (Strats -> various FX -> DL4 -> Mackie 1202 w/
EDP on Aux Send -> PC, home stereo, or keyboard amp), but I've been very
pleased with the simplicity and apparent durability of the DL4.