Re: DL4 Review and Group Discount Price via Alto Music

I just want to chime in on Greg's review....

I ordered my DL-4 from Alto on Tues. & received it on
Thurs. All total w/shipping $232.88. They were out of
power supplies at the time, but said they would send
one along ASAP. They sent batteries to get me started.

I already own an EV-5 exp. pedal & it works just fine
with the DL-4.

I would like to give a hearty second to something Greg
said. The DL-4 is not only like a "little brother"
Echoplex, but it also shares some DNA with the Vortex.

I started out by using the DL-4 in the effects loop of
my Digitech 2120. This was OK, but the effects loop is
mono so I was missing a lot. I then tried running the
stereo outputs of the 2120 to the stereo inputs of the
DL-4. This was much better.

As far as looping goes, I find the sound quality at
half speed (28 secs) well within my tolerance. I like
the feel of the footswitches. I have big feet, but a
light foot, and I haven't missed a start/stop point
on a loop yet.

As far as the authenticity of the modeling, I'll have
to defer to the experts. I can say that they are
distinct from each other & IMO represent an incredible
value in their own right. You can even use them as
loopers,(within the confines of their delay times).

Most recently, I ran the output of my EDP into the
DL-4 & just sat for an hour or so with the DL-4 in
my lap, moving from model to model & spinning knobs.
Welcome to Vortex Country! Five minutes of this will
have you pining for one of those knob turning gizmos
like Neil Young uses on his guitar amp. I mean it. I
would appreciate any advice on how to accomplish
footpedal control of ALL the knobs.

I hope Line 6 sells enough of these puppies to
encourage further looper development.

John

=====
John Tidwell