Happy new year

Finally i am reading interesting and essential topics to this web site
looping, soundscapes,equipment to accomplish this hey the year is starting
out great!
One question to you loopers: what is the best way to record my loops into
my
VS 840 from my EDP?Do you take the output of the EDP direct into the VS840
input or do you do a midi dump?
I also want to get an effects processor with good reverbs delays and fuzz
tones to combine with my Guitar synth that is not way expensive. Any
suggestions?
Thanks
L.A.