Re: Midi Guitars and Guitar Synths

At 08:15 PM 1/1/00 -0500, kevin@minds-eye.org wrote:
>Venerable loopers,
>

>If anyone has any opinions or information they'd like to pass on about the
>topic I'd be most grateful.

Guitar synth is great!   That's my opinion.  i takes some getting used to
and the model you want will depend on what you want to do with it.  I
bought a GR-50 years ago because I wanted a rack mounted unit.  It's
internal sounds are nearly useless but it's external MIDI capability
shines when used with modules suck as a Korg Wavestation and an Oberheim
Matrix-1000.  I've stayed away from the stomp-pedal models because
they seemed to be made for playing internal sounds only and most of those
sounds seemed to be rather bland general-midi type sounds.

What you should do is find a music store that has one on the floor to try.
Take it for a test drive.  Ask if you can connect it to some top-notch
synth modules with the kinds of sounds you are interested in.

**************** Floyd Miller
   ********** floyd@studiodust.com
     ****** http://www.studiodust.com
      **** http://www.voicenet.com/~floyd