Re: Real Audio

most sound editing software can now save in realaudio format (e.g.
windoze platform: sound forge). check the respective websites for file
format patches etc.

if you want to make a downloadable format, why not mp3?

the cool thing with real audio you can make both a download link and a
streaming link with only one physical sound file.

to do this:
1) encode the audio (audio.rm)
2) make the download link point to audio.rm
3) make a text file with the absolute path
(http://www.davidmeyers.com/sound/audio.rm) as the content and save it
as audio.ram
4) make the streaming link point to audio.ram

hth,
rob

   -the man cable-
http://themancable.com