Re: Crashing the DL4?

>I'm still figuring out my DL4.  There is one thing that happens
>periodically that is really confusing/bugging me.  I'm switching between
>presets, usually fairly quickly because I'm trying them out, or whatever.
>I deactivate them so I should just be going through.  That's fine, but I
>periodically get to the point where the DL4 won't let me reactivate a
>preset unless I unplug it and plug it back in again.  Basically the unit
>is dead until I do a "reboot."  Has anyone else seen this?  It really is
>annoying.
>
>        Kevin

I have to do a full reset on mine almost every time I power it up, or else
it won't go out of bypass mode when I hit a preset switch. I talked to Line
6, and they said that alot of earliest units shipped have firmware version
1.2, current units have v. 1.3, and they'll replace the firmware for free.
To check the version, power it up while holding down the "Tap Tempo"
switch. The A LED will blink once, then the B LED will blink twice if you
have v. 1.2, 3X if you have 1.3.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra