Re: How to handle multiple loopers

Phaedebk@aol.com wrote:

> Robert,
>
>     Totally matters upon what you are trying to do with the Loopers in
> question...  Really liked what Gary Lucas (of Capt. Beefheart) did with
> several tape echoplexi, wherein he would create a drone or three on one,
>some
> form of rhythmic effect on the second and then a chord progression on the
> third, or would give a second rhythm or drone.  Then again, he was
>typically
> doing this as a one man band, and he was using a rather extensive set of
> switch boxes, roughly 5 if my memory serves, along with a pair of volume
> pedals, a distortion pedal, and then there was a small rack which he
>would
> fiddle with from time to time...

Wow. *That's* a nice setup. Like a band of players. Must be terrible to
move
though, all these cables... I was thinking of maybe using a SwitchBlade
(if that's
the name), a device that allows one to patch stuff together in a
programmable
fashion. I see now how easy it is to *need* several loopers. Couple of
drones,
etc.

>     This is what really got me hooked on Looping devices, along with
>seeing
> Andy Summers playing a Roland GR-707 and ridiculous effects by himself on
> stage...

I can easily believe that.

>     Been using a Boomerang and a Zoom 2100 with Expression pedal and been
> really happy thus far, though I'd honestly like to give a DL-4 and/or the
> Echoplex a shot with my current setup.

I just ordered the MPX-G2 with a 20 secs simple JamMan. As an alternative
I can use the dual delay, which gives me 2 independent 10 second mono
delays.
Both the JamMan and mono delays in tge G2 have awsome sound quality.
When the DL-4 audio spec is okay, I might add a DL-4, but I can't get my
hands
on that spec. :-(

Thanks for the info. Very inspiring.

Robert