Re: guitar synths are yucky anyway

Look, I'm a propellerhead just like anyone else on this list, I mean, I
have
more boxes than I use.

But my judgment is that most MIDI patches I've heard could stay on the New
Age CDs they came in on.  And I wouldn't want my guitar to sound like that.

Mostly I want my guitar to sound somewhat guitar-like, even if it's a
guitar
that's been wrapped around a Calder mobile.  The original guitar-ness is
in
there somewhere.  I have no plans to go MIDI when I can get equally
arousing
results from, say, an envelope filter (maybe a manila one), a bunch of
distortion, harmonizing, reverb (ketchup), and some nice tube warmth, for
instance.

Besides, if I went with the guitar synth sound, someone might mistake me
for
Pat Metheny, and I don't know if I can be psychotic enough to live up to
the
role.