From: "Mats Eriksson (ECS)" <Mats.Eriksson@ecs.ericsson.se>
To: <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2000 8:27 AM
Subject: RE: Much respect to guitarists...

> Well, Hi DJ!
>
> I have waited (too!) long for a looping device that sends MIDI clocks to
whatever sample you've made
> at your turntable/CD/sampler. I do think it exists, however, really
expensive and hard to get. I ve worked with a DJ that used such equipment.
We had to sync his scratching to MIDI sequencer, and a played gtr and
keyboards to it. It did turn out well, after a lot of hassle. I have
forgotten just about everything what the brand/make was and whatever. It
was
back in the mid 90's.

> The Lexicon Jam Man looping device was actually intended for DJ's! The
Echoplex that succeded it (however, a different company, Oberheim)was (is)
far more intricate and technically sounding better. However, not that
intuitive to use.Those two effect boxes among other similar things are the
reason for this list/site/newsgroup.

> And actually, DJ's are the ones who started "looping" on a large scale
anyway, so your input is very welcome in this field. And there should be
lot
of Looping equipment out there for DJ's, however I do not know how or where
to get it.