Re: Dennis Taffee and backing tracks..drumloops...

I think I know what it is about the drums that I don't like.  They sound
like they're trying to be too real.  I think that this is where a lot of
loopers go wrong with drum machines.  I can just tell a drum machine when
I hear it.  When it's saying, "look at me, I'm synthetic!  See how I
juxtapose with the human elements?"  it's good.  When it says, "hey, look
at me, I'm a real drummer."  I just say, "Bogus."  Be what you are.
That's what I say.

I've used drum machines with a live drummer, and it was GREAT.  Such a
nice combo of tech and flesh.  Good.  I'm thinking of having someone man
a KAOSS pad that's processing the drum machine, to add real human feel.

Real humans, nothing like 'em.

Mark.

--
Mark Sottilaro