Re: Interesting...

----- Original Message -----
From: Rev. Doubt-Goat <dgoat@quik.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Interesting...

> 93
>
> Todd Madson wrote:

> > All I know is that in various musica situations time has seemed to
> > stand still and it feels like you're flying in a dream or something.
> >
> > I've read that Fripp says once you experience that, you'll do almost
> > anything to get back to that.
> >
> > I can see why.  You can't plan it or force it to happen, it just does.
> >
> > Anyone experience this?  In looping too.  Sometimes you stop thinking
> > and just interact with the loop and a piece just sort of generates
> > itself.
>
> Yup, both with and without drugs ;-) And you *can* plan and force it, it
> just takes time and dedication. This is called magick or mysticism, and
> there are many, many systems that train how to do it: Zen, Taoist
> Internal Alchemy, various forms of Yoga, Tai Chi, the Sacred Magic of
> Abramelin the Sage, etc.
>
> 93
> Rev. Doubt-Goat

and the millenium sound-byte term is I believe, "flow" . . .

and of course your neurobiologists would argue that drugs are
involved-they're just not coming from Lilly or Merck, but from in-house

one of the BIG problems with e-mail is that erudition often comes across as
preachiness or just plain ole smart-assed curmudgeonliness-- I'm deeply
impressed with ALL of your contributions to this thread cuz' I thought I
was
a smart guy    ;)

and most of you can PLAY your instruments . . .

Tom Lmabrecht