FYI: Mother Mallard's Mobius Tape Loop

For those who aren't familiar with, or are just unaware of the
Mobius Loop's relevance, here's an excerpt from an interview
with Mother Mallard (one of the first all-synth bands from the
late-1960's/early 1970's:

"A few of our pieces, like Steve's CERES MOTION employed the use of a
mobius strip tape loop. Gordon Mumma turned us on to these. They came
in various time lengths. You could tape something live and at the end
of the tape, turn off the record button and play it back instantly. Each
of us had a stopwatch to keep track of the loop lengths. The first part
of CERES MOTION is what is now commonly called a pad. Steve and I recorded
the pad (around 5 minutes), played it back instantly, and being a loop,
it would go on forever until we turned off the tape recorder."

The whole interview is at:
http://members.aol.com/Cuneiform3/mallard.html

- Larry