Re: Regeneration with Boomerang

As you well know, you can't get the loop to fade out automatically over
time.
Not with a boomerang alone.  It will lower the volume of a sample if you
you
lay something new over it (using the Stack button), but that's just to make
space for the new layer while the loop itself plays endlessly at the same
volume.

Have you tried branching your sound where one branch of the fresh noise is
going to one output the other branch feeds into the boomerang, then feeding
the boomerang through a plain old volume pedal?

By pressing the little chrome tap button at the top of the boomerang you
can
set it to play back only the echo and filter out the new sounds coming in.
This way you can control just the boomeranged effects.

It's low-tech, I know.  But you can do it for the cost of a cheap volume
pedal.  For free, using the setup above you can also adjust that volume
roller
on the left side of the Boomerang while it's looping and do the same
thing, if
less accurately.

Because to do what you want to do you'd need either (1) a
midi-controllable or
automated mixer or similar device that's set to lower the volume in
increments
which correspond to the loop length on your boomerang, which is a dubious
if
not impossible venture, or (2) a looper with a similar delay time that's
either midi controllable or is degenerative.  In either case, for the same
money you might as well just use an Echoplex DP.

Let me know what you end up doing...