Re: OT: Octave

Hi,
    I bought one of the Rocktron octave pedals; I think it was called the
Purple
Haze. It sounds great on paper: individual controls for 1 octave higher, 1
octave
lower, output, and distortion or drive. However, it was noisy and very
unpredictable. Didn't track well at all.
    On the positive side, I used to have a Lexicon LXP5, and the pitch
shifter
tracked as well as any I've heard, but this is probably a little more than
$200. I
bet you could find one on a net auction site for $200-$250.
    The best tracking I've ever experienced is my old Roland GR-50 guitar
synth,
and the tone is anything you want it to be: bass guitar an octave down,
flute an
octave up, etc. Now we're way over $200.

--
Mike Nelson

Boomerang Musical Products       800-530-4699
PO Box 541595                    214-340-6913, Outside USA
Dallas, TX  75354-1595           214-343-1038, Fax

http://www.boomerangmusic.com    mnelson@dmans.com

"Some products make you sound better;
 the Boomerang Phrase Sampler makes you play better."